Can you remember at time when you felt good? A time when PCOS didn’t define you? A time when you felt at the right weight? A day when you felt full of vitality and energy? When you could walk in to a room and feel confident?
It may seem a long time ago but I bet if you shut your eyes and thought for a moment, those feelings of being the old you would come flooding back. Hold on to that feeling as you read this blog……..
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to cure PCOS completely. Once you have it, you have it. However it is absolutely possible to take back control and reduce your symptoms dramatically.
Anything worth having takes a little work and getting back the old you isn’t going to be a walk in the park but it is completely possible to do. I have seen 100’s of ladies completely turn their PCOS around. They have found that old vitality and energy, they are not just beautiful on the inside but feel gorgeous on the outside again too. They feel confident and are living their life to the fullest.
Deciding to make a change is often the first (very large) step. There is no better time to do that than at the start of a new year. It’s a time when we revaluate our lives a little, set our personal goals for the year and possible make some new years resolutions (that we probably don’t stick at). Taking back control of your PCOS is more than a New Years Resolution (and the very reason why I didn’t post this blog on the 1st of January), it’s a LIFE CHANGE.
So how can you take back control?
Here are a few tips to get you started on taking back control. These are just areas that you can start to take control of but remember it’s consistency that makes a difference.
- Low carb, low sugar diet – eliminate refined carbs from your diet as much as possible. Resist those refined sugar cravings
- Consider what supplements you might need – this is individual for every woman but many women with PCOS benefit from taking Inositol. You can find out more about Inositol, how it can help and where you can purchase it.
- Get exercising – no longer the coach potato get your trainers on and get exercising
- Reduce stress – consider how stress impacts in your life. Find ways to cope and take back control
- Stop smoking – smoking damages your ovaries and increases your PCOS symptoms
- Loose weight – weight loss will regulate your cycles and induce ovulation
- Start a regular skin care regime – taking regular care of your skin will help limit acne break outs
- No more alcohol – alcohol raises your blood sugar and increases your PCOS symptoms. Reduce as much as possible.
- Make time for you – take the time to enjoy something just for you. A little reward (but of the healthy kind) for all your hard work
- Get confident – as you take back control your confidence will naturally grow as you start to feel better about yourself inside and out!
These are just a few tips to get you started on controlling your PCOS. It is very likely that you are going to need more help and support to make a long term difference.
***Starting March 5th 2019- #PCOS30DayChallenge***
Take back control of your PCOS by taking part in the next live 30 day challenge. Weekly webinars, workbooks and a dedicated secret Facebook support group to help you really make a difference.
Find out more here.
Want even more support? Take a look at PCOS 101 and PCOS Gold consultations.
A 1.5 hour Skype consultation. In-depth assessment and expert advice.
- Symptom management – start feeling like the old you again
- Weight loss support – A bespoke weight loss programme supporting you all the way
- Exercise programme
- Cycle management and regulation – lets get your cycles more normal in length and get ovulating again
- Identification of ovulation – I help you identify your fertile time, which is so crucial for women with PCOS
- Supplements and medication – find out which are the right supplements for you
- Self esteem and motivation to really make that change
An initial 2 hour in-depth Skype consultation, followed by 2 subsequent 30 minute sessions for ongoing support and motivation.
Consultation as per PCOS 101, including the following extras:
- Review and interpretation of 3 menstrual cycles
- Nutrition – a diet plan that will work for you
- Investigations and treatments – Interpretation of blood results etc, the next steps and what investigations to ask your doctor for
- Ongoing support and motivation to reach your weight and exercise goals