When you’re desperate to conceive, Valentines Day may feel a bit bitter sweet. On one hand Valentines Day is just another occasion to be avoided, a painful reminder of what you can’t quite achieve as a couple, perhaps reminiscent of the pain you may feel at times like Mother’s Day or Christmas. I am also well aware that over the last few months, sex will have become all about making a baby and less about why the two of you fell in love with each other in the first place.
However Valentines Day can also be a timely reminder of putting back the ‘us’ in your relationship and a time to avoid focusing on the negativity and frustration of your unity. So with that in mind, today I have put together some tips for getting through and importantly…enjoying Valentines weekend.
Valentines Day Tips
- Plan to spend time together this weekend. Avoid other people/couples if that’s what you want to do and make time for just the two of you.
- Declare Valentines Day a day of no talking about trying to conceive. You’ll be amazed out how liberated you feel!
- Plan a night or weekend of romance. Decide on special things to do together this Valentines Day – watch a romantic movie, go out for dinner, walk hand in hand by the river, talk about how you felt when you first met, have a picnic in front of a roaring fire.
- Focus on the senses. Play your favourite music, cook a sensual Valentines Day meal, wear his favourite perfume, create mood lighting to eat by.
- Book a dance lesson together.
- Indulge in a spa day.
- Take it in turns to organise a day trip and don’t tell each other where you are going. Make it even more fun by blindfolding your partner until you get to your surprise destination!
- Fall in love all over again this Valentines Day and make intimate time more about each other than about making a baby.
Know in your heart of heart that what ever happens you are moving towards your goal and who knows where you’ll be this time next year!